Branch Chipping Service
Chipping occurs on every Monday and Tuesday during the months of April through October, weather permitting.
The following rules apply:
- Tree branches can be as long as possible but should not be more than 6 inches in diameter.
- Branches should be placed with the cut end facing towards the street.
- Bushes, trees or branches with the root system attached will not be picked up.
- Piles containing foreign objects will not be accepted for pick up.
- Trees cut by a contractor must be removed by the contractor in its entirety.
- If there is an overabundance of branches, the homeowner will be charged for any time after the first 15 minutes. Sec. 7-314. Village Pick Up Of Branches: (d) The cost and charges for services enumerated in this section shall be set from time to time by the president and board of trustees. The fee for services by the village under subsections (b) and (c) of this section, per service, shall be a minimum of seventy-five dollars ($75.00) for every fifteen (15) minute block of time, or portion thereof, service is being provided or rendered. No fee shall be charged if the total time of service is fifteen (15) minutes or less.
By Contractor – Contractors who are hired to cut down or trim a tree must be registered with the Building Department. They must also remove the tree in its entirety. However, no permits are required.
By Homeowner- If a homeowner is cutting down a tree they are required to bring in the cover page of their insurance policy to the Building Department prior to starting the work. Again, permits are not required.
Public Works Home Page